Monday, December 29, 2008

Dexter, Oregon: Triangle Sighting


Category: UFO Sighting (Triangle)
Location:Dexter,Oregon
Date: August 1997

Triangle Sighting
It was still light but getting on dark, out in a rural area on three acres of land, lots of people outside at a party/gathering. A few of us were standing around talking. I look up, again, since I’m constantly sky watching no matter where I am, and out there, it’s a pretty good chance something unusual will be seen, based on past experience, and, the stories of people who live out here. This time when I looked up, I knew something wasn’t right but it took a few seconds to realize why. Then I realized, a whole hunk of sky had no stars! Instead there was a huge -- I mean HUGE -- triangle, right above us. Just “sitting” there. It was very eerie.

While it’s typical to report black triangles, this wasn’t black at all. It was almost the exact shade of surrounding sky, just a bit off. Like someone cut out a piece of construction paper in the shape of a triangle to match the sky, except they were just a shade off, and stuck it up there. A really fantastically huge triangle.

I pointed this out to everyone in the little group; all looked up. We agreed it was very weird. We also agreed it was very weird we weren’t running around, shouting “Hey! Look at this!” which seems the logical thing to do. Instead, we just stood there, watching this thing. We made a few weak jokes about missing time and checked our watches, we were aware of ourselves and the situation, even while also noticing we weren’t doing anything about it. Just stood there. There was no sound, absolutely none, coming from the craft. The triangle, as I said, was not black. There were no lights anywhere; not in the center, or the three points, or anywhere. We noticed, aside from the mild apathy and inability to move, our hearing was affected slightly. We could hear, but everything seemed distant; like cotton balls had been stuffed in our ears.

Then, without warning, just very abruptly, the triangle just took off. In a blink of an eye; just one quick, smooth, sudden movement -- gone! Vanished. Just “slid” off in an instant. No sound. No lights. Just, gone.

As soon as it was gone, we felt our usual selves again. We excitedly told others of what we’d seen; pretty much everyone there believed us, or at least thought it was interesting. The people who lived there were almost jaded; they had seen so many unusual things in the skies above their property over the years they took our sighting in stride.

STRANGE REACTIONS
However, two interesting incidents happened regarding human responses to UFO sightings. One happened at the party that night. There was one obnoxious person that heard my story; he became extremely rude; laughing at me and making all kinds of unkind comments. I asked him if he thought I was lying; he was a bit taken aback at my aggressive attitude towards his nastiness. So he decides to question my mental health; that’s always a smooth move, or insist that I’d been drinking and taking drugs. Since I was the designated driver, I hadn’t been drinking or doing anything else that would have affected my driving. So he was left with dealing with the fact a group of people just saw something very strange right above his head; and then he got downright pissed and walked away.

A year later, same place. Same group (sans one) of witnesses, same spot. I mentioned the triangle we saw the year before. I get blank looks. They don’t know what I’m talking about. I have to remind them; go through the whole thing. Describe the triangle, the jokes about missing time, the strange apathy we felt, the converstaiton we had: “Shoudln’t we run and get the others.?” “Yeah, good idea,” “Let’s call them over here,” but, no one did. We couldn’t. After all that, a couple of them remembered, sort of. “Oh yeah, that was we rid, huh?” and a couple of the witnesses didn’t remember a thing. Me, I still can’t stop thinking about it.

No comments: