Monday, December 29, 2008

Missing Time: Los Angeles, California


Category:Missing Time
Location:Los Angeles/West Hollywood, California
Date: Winter of 1977

My husband to be and I were walking home from Barney's Beanery in West Hollywood. We went up there a couple nights a week. It wasn't too far from his apartment that he shared with his mother and brother at the time. We almost always walked. Taking long walks at any time throughout the city was a normal, usual thing for us.

Usually the walk took us anywhere from thirty to forty-five minutes. One night,it took longer than usual. We had left Barney's as usual, (and yes, we had a couple of beers. We weren't drunk by means or in any beyond our senses.) We left Barney's that night at 2:00 a.m., and arrived home at 4:00 a.m! I remember very clearly walking into the apartment, seeing what time it was, and being very shocked, yet strangely apathetic at the same time. Both my husband and I commented at how very weird it was it was suddenly 4 a.m. We agreed it was extremely odd, and yet, we were also very calm and matter of fact. Instead of talking about it, as would be expected (especially for us) we calmly went off to bed. We noticed that over an hour and a half were unaccounted for, but we didn't seem to care about it.

We woke up the next day. We both woke up at the same moment, very bright, alert, and full of energy. (very unusual for me!) We commented that we slept great. When we walked into the living room, his mother said to us "I didn't think you two were here, it's been so quiet in there!" And then: "You've been in there the whole time? It's about time you woke up!" I remember thinking that was a strange thing to say; we usually got up around ten a.m. or so. Except, we quickly found out, it wasn't ten a.m., it was four o'clock in the afternoon.

Both of us had calmly gone straight to bed after remarking calmly on the oddness of the late hour -- we'd never arrived home at four in the morning! -- and slept like rocks. I remember thinking that it was unusual I never once got up to use the bathroom or get a drink of water. And waking up so late, without that "slept too late" kind of feeling you get, in fact, full of energy.

It was after this that I started having my UFO dreams. Lots of dreams about UFOs, and being inside ships. More on those later.

My husband and I have discussed this many times. Just now, as I was writing this, he said to me that there's a "Spot in his mind" that he knows something happened on our walk home that night but he can't get to it. He said he remembers "Garages, garages lit, that go underneath (the apartment buildings) on a side street," and "Something specific happened" but what that specific thing was, he doesn't remember. Either do I, and yet, when he said "garages that go underneath on a side street" I got chills, as if some memory of mine was beginning to awaken.

1 comment:

Mike Clelland! said...

How come I (a reader) haven't found this very interesting story until now?

Also - The word verification thing sez: "judis" and now I'm worried.